Why this role?
Help build the future of sales: At Nektar, you will help redefine the way people sell. Across countries and industries. There are few startups with this kind of market potential.
A team with decades of domain expertise: Between them, the founders have nearly two decades of experience founding and growing startups and building and selling SaaS products globally.
Tackle our most impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You’ll jump between product, design, engineering, devops and growth. You will not be bored.
Join us at a magical time: Founded and headquartered in Singapore, Nektar raised a substantial seed round from great SaaS VCs in less than 4 weeks of starting the company, giving us a massive jump start and room to focus on our product and users.
What do we do?
Nektar’s mission is helping people work smarter. Our first product is an assistant for sales teams that will help close more deals faster.
Sales organisations have spent hundreds of billions of dollars on systems of record to collect vast amounts of data. This data might produce pretty graphs on managers’ reports but it hardly ever helps the salesperson in the field move their deals forward. This is why, in 2019, less than 30% of salespeople used their organisation’s CRM as intended, and 57% of the sales teams globally missed their sales quota.
This is where we’re different — we are laser focused on the specific actions that help salespeople close deals. We’re building a real system of growth, a first of it’s kind to help sales people become better sales people by helping our users build productive habits, adopting best practices and eliminating friction from the sales process.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- Voracious Researcher – You’re constantly consuming all kinds of information with a desire to push yourself to learn more.
- Great Storyteller – You approach every piece of content you create as a narrative.
- Prolific Writer – You love to write, even when it’s not for work.
- Believer in building relationships – You enjoy engaging in conversations/debates/interviews.
- As an all-remote team, we require excellent communication skills, particularly in writing. You must be a self-motivated “*manager of one”* who can work independently, take ownership and proactively seek help when required. Prior experience of working in a remote environment will be positive but is not required.
- Experience in sales tech will be a solid positive but is not a must.
What will you do at Nektar
- Creating persona-driven content for different stages of the buying cycle to attract relevant traffic and expand our subscriber base.
- Creating awareness/excitement about our product and generating leads for the sales pipeline by producing all types of content — webinars, roundtables, ebooks, whitepapers, blog posts, case studies, videos, et al.
- Owning and executing our PR strategy.
- Managing blog calendar and promotion plan for our marketing blog and target accounts.
- Building rapport and conducting interviews with C-level executives of established corporates.
- Briefing the designer to produce images/infographics/diagrams that enrich our content pieces and get more engagement.
- Community building and driving engagement for our brand through LinkedIn.
- Writing direct response copy and creating wireframes for our landing pages to attract more leads into the marketing funnel.
- Monitoring and reacting to data and analytics.
- Nurturing prospects through weekly/monthly email marketing initiatives.
- Creating sales enablement content including presentations, battle cards and more.
How do we work?
We’re an all-remote engineering team from the beginning (yes, since before the pandemic!), and we’ve built a fantastic remote-friendly culture. We support every team member to set up a great personal workspace that fits them — whether that’s a home office, a co-working space or just hanging out at a coffee shop. We are location agnostic and you can literally choose a location that works for you 😃. Our distributed team currently sits in Singapore, India, Vietnam, Australia, and Indonesia.
We do weekly team activities, like online gaming and coffee chat to ensure that physical distance doesn’t keep us from being a close-knit team.
Nektar is a small team, and everyone’s involved in shaping the product we build. We’re still iterating and figuring out the product-market fit, so we’re not averse to throwing away code. We’d rather build a few powerful features that solve important needs than lots of features that are not as valuable.
In line with our mission — helping people work smarter — we’re always thinking about how we can work smarter ourselves. We try to avoid large and long meetings and prefer ad-hoc collaboration with one or two other people instead. We invest in continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and other tooling to eliminate friction from our engineering processes. We aim for clear written documentation and communication.