Why this role?
Help build the future of sales: At Nektar, you will help redefine the way people sell. Across countries and industries. There are few startups with this kind of market potential.
A team with decades of domain expertise: Between them, the founders have nearly two decades of experience founding and growing startups and building and selling SaaS products globally.
Tackle our most impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You’ll jump between product, design, engineering, devops and growth. You will not be bored.
Join us at a magical time: Founded and headquartered in Singapore, Nektar raised a substantial seed round from great SaaS VCs in less than 4 weeks of starting the company, giving us a massive jump start and room to focus on our product and users.
What do we do?
Nektar’s mission is helping people work smarter. Our first product is an assistant for sales teams that will help close more deals faster.
Sales organisations have spent hundreds of billions of dollars on systems of record to collect vast amounts of data. This data might produce pretty graphs on managers’ reports but it hardly ever helps the salesperson in the field move their deals forward. This is why, in 2019, less than 30% of salespeople used their organisation’s CRM as intended, and 57% of the sales teams globally missed their sales quota.
This is where we’re different — we are laser focused on the specific actions that help salespeople close deals. We’re building a real system of growth, a first of it’s kind to help sales people become better sales people by helping our users build productive habits, adopting best practices and eliminating friction from the sales process.
Strategy & Business
- Work with founders on GTM Strategy and be involved in the execution of the same.
- Responsible for planning activities such as performance analysis, ideation & development for product and market launch strategies.
- Program managing the limited beta launch, measuring & reporting the key KPI’s.
- Creation, roll out & ownership of processes, tools, and reporting dashboards to improve internal efficiency.
- Data analysis and modelling across to influence the overall strategy, with a specific focus to identify key metrics, trends, and insights, which will directly impact the initial pace of the business.
- Reporting on Key business metrics – SaaS.
- Driving fundraising initiatives and investor updates/meetings.
- Initial Market Expansion(Sales) & work with key customers to ensure success.
- Drafting CEO communications and presentation materials.
Product & Growth
- Act as an SME for Sales Tools & conduct comparative analysis for supporting the product roadmap.
- Escalate and drive solutions for identified market-specific product issues and gaps.
- Identifying market-specific product improvements and measure the impact.
What we’re looking for?
- The ideal candidate should have prior experience in business management or consulting role. You could be a great fit for this role if, in the past, you have been a Founder/early-stage SaaS employee focused on GTM or a Management consultant with 2-5 years experience.
- As an all-remote team, we require great communication skills, particularly in writing. You must be a self-motivated manager of one who can work independently, take ownership and proactively seek help when required. Prior experience working remotely will be positive but is not required.
- Experience working at a fast-growing startup would be positive.
- Experience in SaaS or sales tech will be a strong positive but is not a must.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity and Tech savvy.
- Ability to zoom in and zoom out in the business; interested in flexing across functions and going broad.
- Curious to always ask, “Why” and “How do we measure success”, can build for repetition (1x) and scale (10x).
- Someone who is looking for hands-on experience in building and scaling a tech start-up.
- Ability to translate high volumes of ambiguous or conflicting information into crisp and actionable insights
- Driven to take ownership of any challenges.
- Be Direct yet humble.
- Flexible and resourceful in the face of ambiguity, able to forge a productive path forward.
- Action-oriented with significant energy and hustle.
- Excellent presentation skills – capable of developing and delivering compelling presentations and running efficient and productive meetings.
How do we work?
We’re an all-remote engineering team from the beginning (yes, since before the pandemic!), and we’ve built a fantastic remote-friendly culture. We support every team member to set up a great personal workspace that fits them — whether that’s a home office, a co-working space or just hanging out at a coffee shop. We are location agnostic and you can literally choose a location that works for you 😃. Our distributed team currently sits in Singapore, India, Vietnam and Indonesia.
We do weekly team activities, like online gaming and coffee chat to ensure that physical distance doesn’t keep us from being a close-knit team.
Nektar is a small team, and everyone’s involved in shaping the product we build. We’re still iterating and figuring out the product-market fit, so we’re not averse to throwing away code. We’d rather build a few powerful features that solve important needs than lots of features that are not as valuable.
In line with our mission — helping people work smarter — we’re always thinking about how we can work smarter ourselves. We try to avoid large and long meetings and prefer ad-hoc collaboration with one or two other people instead. We invest in continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and other tooling to eliminate friction from our engineering processes. We aim for clear written documentation and communication.