Sales Development Representative
Why this role?
Help build the future of sales: At Nektar, you will help redefine the way people sell. Across countries and industries. There are few startups with this kind of market potential.
A team with decades of domain expertise: Between them, the founders have nearly two decades of experience founding and growing startups and building and selling SaaS products globally.
Tackle our most impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You’ll jump between product, design, engineering, devops and growth. You will not be bored.
Join us at a magical time: Founded and headquartered in Singapore, Nektar raised a substantial seed round from great SaaS VCs in less than 4 weeks of starting the company, giving us a massive jump start and room to focus on our product and users.
What do we do?
Nektar’s mission is helping people work smarter. Our first product is an assistant for sales teams that will help close more deals faster.
Sales organisations have spent hundreds of billions of dollars on systems of record to collect vast amounts of data. This data might produce pretty graphs on managers’ reports but it hardly ever helps the salesperson in the field move their deals forward. This is why, in 2019, less than 30% of salespeople used their organisation’s CRM as intended, and 57% of the sales teams globally missed their sales quota.
This is where we’re different — we are laser focused on the specific actions that help salespeople close deals. We’re building a real system of growth, a first of it’s kind to help sales people become better sales people by helping our users build productive habits, adopting best practices and eliminating friction from the sales process.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
- The ideal candidate has experience with cold calling or heavy phone skills.
- Eager, high-energy sales professional.
- As an all-remote team, we require excellent communication skills, particularly in writing. You must be a self-motivated “*manager of one”* who can work independently, take ownership and proactively seek help when required. Prior experience of working in a remote environment will be positive but is not required.
- Experience in sales tech will be a solid positive but is not a must.
What will you do at Nektar
- Drive sales growth by finding and engaging prospects via phone and email.
- Connect with and quickly develop relationships with contacts and prospects.
- Set-up meetings with qualified prospects and sales reps.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion.
- Build a pipeline and execute on early stages of the sales process.
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists.
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business.
How do we work?
We’re an all-remote engineering team from the beginning (yes, since before the pandemic!), and we’ve built a fantastic remote-friendly culture. We support every team member to set up a great personal workspace that fits them — whether that’s a home office, a co-working space or just hanging out at a coffee shop. We are location agnostic and you can literally choose a location that works for you 😃. Our distributed team currently sits in Singapore, India, Vietnam, Australia and Indonesia.
We do weekly team activities, like online gaming and coffee chat to ensure that physical distance doesn’t keep us from being a close-knit team.
Nektar is a small team, and everyone’s involved in shaping the product we build. We’re still iterating and figuring out the product-market fit, so we’re not averse to throwing away code. We’d rather build a few powerful features that solve important needs than lots of features that are not as valuable.
In line with our mission — helping people work smarter — we’re always thinking about how we can work smarter ourselves. We try to avoid large and long meetings and prefer ad-hoc collaboration with one or two other people instead. We invest in continuous integration and deployment, automated testing and other tooling to eliminate friction from our engineering processes. We aim for clear written documentation and communication.